Whole School Assembly – Rights Respecting Schools
In assembly on Friday Ms Spain discussed the UN Convention with the children and we looked at some of the Conventions Rights of the Child as part of the school’s work to achieve Rights Respecting Schools Award. We launched a Home Project Competition for the children to take part in. The details are below:
South Grove is working with Unicef to become a Rights Respecting School, we already have our Recognition of Commitment and now we are going for Level 1! Do you know the United Nations Convention for the Rights of the Child? All children have the right to...
- How Do I Get Involved ? Work with an adult at home to come up with ideas for a song or a short film
- Research the Rights of the Child: The video, song or piece of art you design will be based on them.
- Be creative and have fun J Write the film script, write the song or design that amazing piece of artwork.
- You will have until October 14th to come up with your ideas. Please get the script, song lyrics or piece of art to your teacher by 8:45am and Ms Spain and Ms Maltwood will come around and collect your wonderful ideas. Remember to incorporate The Rights Of The Child. If you want to support your research go to unicef.org.uk and look up Rights Respecting Schools.
- You will write a song or plan a video or make an amazing piece of art that defines The Rights of the Child.
- Get thinking... If you need any help with your ideas, see Ms Maltwood or Ms Spain
- The winners will have their song and video created as South Groves contribution to Rights Respecting Schools
- The song and video will become a legacy for the school
- The winning artwork will find a special place in our school for all to see
- Please get involved... Every child has the right to free education and a full opportunity for play and recreation
- Check the South Grove website for more information on the RIGHTS OF THE CHILD and more information on the competition.