What have Reception been up to this Term?
Written on: Friday 23 November 2018
Some of the things Reception have been doing recently:
- In Reception, the children have been dressing up as superheroes as part of our ‘Up,Up and Away’ topic.(See the Gallery)
- Learning how to retell the story of the Owl Babies using Talk 4 Writing actions.
- Make owl biscuits and observe what happens when we mix the ingredients together and how the biscuits change when they are cooked. (See the Gallery)
- Counting out owls onto the branch and finding 1 less.
- sequencing the story of the Owl Babies and retelling it using some of the languages from the story, and beginning to use their phonics to write captions and initial sounds of characters from the Owl Babies story.
- The children have been learning all about 2D shapes and their properties.