Playtime (previously known as Toy Library)
What is Playtime?
Playtime is a place where parents and their children 0 – 5 years can spend time together.
Who runs Playtime?
South Grove Primary School is committed to involving parents at every stage of their child’s education – and we start early!
The school funds Playtime, and provides a safe place to play, including outdoors in fair weather.
Brigid Montgomery is part of the South Grove team. She organises the weekly sessions aiming to give children interesting play opportunities through a wide range of materials and equipment.
Parents can also
- make new friends and chat with old ones
- get help with English
- find out information about:
- Child development
- South Grove Primary School
- Education generally
What should parents do?
- Sign in the register. In case of emergency we need to know who is present
- If you notice a new, or lonely parent, please try to make them feel part of the group
- Help tidy up at the end
Health & Safety
- The toilet for children and adults is by the school office. There is a special bin for nappies.
- Please drink tea/coffee away from the children behind the tables near the tea urn.
- Park buggies close to the corridor wall and away from all doors.
- If you hear the emergency alarm, collect your child and leave by the double doors to the playground.
DO NOT collect buggies.
- If you see anything unsafe tell Jenny immediately